About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - January 4, 2010


I'm starting the new year in my kitchen by making yet another big batch of granola. Since I'm sunning low on honey, a staple for many of my flavors, I'm thinking of inventing a new flavor. Does Chai Tea Granola sound too gross? I think I'll give it a shot!

I'm so bummed that we have to go back to "real life" tomorrow. Most bummed that Bryan has to go back to work after being off since Christmas Eve. I do so love having him home! However, it will be good to get back to our regular schedule since the flexibility and spontaneity of the holidays has been quite stretching for our little ones. Regular naps will be appreciated by all!

This week, as activities get back into full swing, we will be enjoying:

Monday - Mexican scramble (from the roast I cooked a couple weeks ago), Buttered Rice, Pintos

Tuesday (Mom's Meeting, 4-H Horse Judging) - Sliced Ham (from Christmas Ham), Cole Slaw, Applesauce

Wednesday (AWANA) - Cold Cut Sandwiches, Popcorn

Thursday - White Chili, Cornbread

Friday - Bible Study

Saturday - Taco Salad and Chips

Find more menus at orgjunkie.com. Our menus for the year can be found at our website. Breakfast menu is here; Lunch is here. What's on your menu this week?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I'm having a difficult transition to "real life." The holidays were so much fun! It is hard to get up early, and be diligent, keep up with all the schedules for work, school, basketball, etc. and get out of the "play" mentality! Any suggestions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-entry is always tough. I'm having a hard time getting up early because I'm doing a lousy job of going to bed on time. Suggestions? How awful that my first thought was Pepsi Max? Be quiet, Jammers!

    ReplyDelete