About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WFMW - A Picture Doesn't Lie

Thanks to all who posted such great advice on last week's backwards Works for Me Wednesday. A common theme was inspecting the children's jobs. Admittedly this is where I struggle most. I usually have several plates spinning and checking up on everyone's quality of work is difficult. Then when I discover an incomplete task later, I'm not a pleasant mommy.

Lately I've been using our digital camera to help with inspecting. When children claim to be done with their jobs, I tell them to grab the camera and take a picture of their area of work. Then they bring the camera to me. Usually the job gets a "pass," but if not, I can point out areas that need work without leaving what I'm doing.

Nothing can take the place of in-person inspection, but this can certainly help things along. (I do cringe at the thought that, just maybe, everything has been shoved just to the outside of the camera's view. Nahhhh, my children would never do THAT!)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I like accountability too, but it is hard to stop what you are doing to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to. I think I will try this with my oldest.

    ReplyDelete