About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Crazy Gypsy Purse

I've recently been turned on to a series of sewing books (thanks, Sharon!) and bought them with a gift card for my birthday (thanks, Mom!). What's even cooler is how much my daughters are enjoying looking through them and getting inspired to create. They are geared toward someone with little or no sewing experience, but I've learned some neat tips, too.


This was my first creation from Sew What! Bags. I recycled the fabric from purse that I had made a couple years ago that I never really liked. It was very easy to scale down the dimensions from the Messenger Bag to make this crazy little number. What the photo doesn't show is all the pockets to hold and organize all those essential girl things. I cut it out as I found time in the day and sewed it in about 1.5 hours that evening.

Today I made Emelie a skirt one of the other books. If I can get her to let me take a photo, I'll post it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment