Ted's actual birthday fell on opening day of the County Fair. The weekend before, he'd gotten his present and we went out for the traditional birthday lunch. The day after his BD, Emelie made him a lemon cake with cheesecake frosting, and Ted always loves to have an ice cream sundae bar. A sweet treat for a sweet young man!
Here are the top 12 things we love about Ted:
- He loves to be a helper.
- He is an excellent big buddy to Heidi. She adores him.
- Even though there are four years between them, it's wonderful that he and Caleb are the best of friends.
- He's getting very good at fixing things. Very handy to have around.
- Ted is so creative. I never knew legos could become so many things.
- He is a natural teacher.
- Ted wants to be just like his dad, which is a pretty good goal.
- He has a very clear sense of justice.
- He is very loyal.
- Ted is very affectionate - not too old for cuddles or a goodnight kiss.
- He is very enthusiastic.
- He wants to become a man of God. He'll make an incredible husband someday. We're taking applications now.