About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Monday, August 24, 2009

A Couple Crockpot Recipes

I love my crockpot when things get busy. I really, really do! It seems so simple to toss something in while I'm getting breakfast ready. Sometimes it even frees me up enough to make more exciting side dishes like fresh yeast rolls. I also enjoy how it fills the house with such comforting smells that makes everyone look forward to dinner. Here are a couple recipes that we have enjoyed lately.

Japanese Chicken

3 T soy sauce

3/4 C sugar

3 T water

1/2 C white vinegar

Chicken breasts cut into pieces (I used 2, next time I'll make more)

In a crockpot, add soy sauce, sugar, water, and white vinegar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add chicken pieces. Cook on low for at least 5 hours (until tender). Serve over rice.


Beef & Noodles

1.5 lbs. beef stew meat

1 env. onion soup mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)

1 can ginger ale or Sprite

Egg noodles

Combine in crockpot and cook on low all day. Cook noodles and add before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment