About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WFMW - Returning to a clean home


I can get a bit neurotic when I'm preparing for a trip. One way this manifests itself is in my passionate desire to get my house cleaned up before I leave. I think it is a variation of "Make sure you're wearing clean underwear in case you get in an accident."

The night before we left I was making the children work on our oh-so-frightening basement. Jacob (5) said, "But Mom, I don't think Grandma Nan is going to play down here." (Grandma Nan came up to do animal care in our absence.)

However, when we drug in on Sunday evening, it was so nice to see clean surfaces and made beds. Bryan even commented on how nice it was to return to a clean house. (Hopefully that means he's forgiven me for going all crazy on him before we left.)

2 comments:

  1. clean house when you return is great! I forgot before we left for IN to do dishes and well we came back a week later to some science projects. Thankfully it was just six dishes and no bugs visited but it wasn't the most pleasant walking in on at 1 AM and going to get a drink of water before crashing. Smart thinking.. How did unpacking go? Your crates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We put the totes by the door to the laundry room and I just put the dirties right into the washer. We were completely unpacked and clothes all washed less than 24 hours after getting back home. If only the huge mess of popcorn, fries, fruit snacks, etc. in the van were so easy to clean up!

    ReplyDelete