About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Embracing Digital Scrapbooking

There is nothing better that getting together with the girlfriends for a weekend, or even an evening, of scrapbooking. We used to do it once a month or so. Lately, it seems everyone has been chronically busy, and we haven't been able to get together like we used to.

I'm a little obsessive about keeping on top of my photos. If I get a couple months behind, I start to panic. Mainly because I forget things if I don't scrap an event right away.

So you can imagine the internal freak-out parties going on in my brain since I was still working on January. That's eight months ago. Do you realize how many birthday parties have happened in that time. And now we're about to go on a vacation that will definitely be a book in itself. How am I going to get all this done? (That's a glimpse into the freaking out. It's much better and more colorful in person.)

Enter scrapbookflair.com. Free program download, free templates, free papers and embellishments. I've been whipping out 1-2 two page spreads every day lately. I'm actually in March now! I'm trying to keep them simple and plan to add titles, journaling and some embellishments at the next, as yet unscheduled, crop.


The program is a little quirky and limited, but I don't have time to explore the wonders of Photoshop. Plus, the pages can then be printed at the sister website, scrapbooksplease.com. The cost is between 1.99-3.99 per page, depending on quality, and they're always having sales.

This might be the way to end the freaking out (at least on this issue)!

No comments:

Post a Comment