About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WFMW - Crafting with Children

I'm not one of those crafty homeschoolers (Jamers, who constructs ziggurats out of sugar cubes, is now clutching her sides and rolling on the floor with that understatement). However, like most children, my children love a good, hands-on project.

When we started our State History unit, we spent a few days with five children jostling for the scissors and the glue stick that just made the paper wrinkle. Then the light bulb went off...I grabbed my paper trimmers and adhesive from my scrapbooking supplies.

The children get through the cutting and gluing part so much faster, and our lessons aren't interrupted by constant exclamations of "I need the scissors!" This allows us to focus on the subject being taught.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and you made me laugh! If we ever lived close enough to each other we truly would have the most awesome combined learning days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also found that my languishing scrapbook supplies are more frequently put to good use for projects with the kids. Thanks for the reminder! Why leave them in the corner when there are budding artists that could use them so well?

    ReplyDelete