About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Monday, February 8, 2010

How to look like a "Domestic Diva"

I love the look of vintage aprons. I'm not alone since there are books, blogs, and adorable patterns out there devoted to the apron. I have the patterns that my mom used to sew aprons for my great-grandmother in the '60s but have never gotten around to making one for myself.

That is why I love the "Domestic Diva" apron kits. They are available at your local Joann Fabrics hidden back in the quilting section. If you use one of those 40% off coupons, they end up being much cheaper than if you'd started from scratch with a pattern and fabric. Plus they go together in about an hour.

I've made three so far and enjoy them all. It almost inspires me to vacuum in high-heels and pearls. Almost.

Here's Meggie modeling our latest "Diva" apron. Please ignore the fact that the baby is sitting on the table doing heavens-knows-what!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, you need to make sure Em has her camera ready the day you yank out high heels and pearls to run the vaccuum! That is a blog all by itself! :) Seriously thought, how cute are those aprons! I love it!!! That is something I need to embrace and still have not. After looking at the cute picture of Meg....think we will be heading to JoAnn's on their next sale day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that JoAnn's had these kits. How great is that! And your little girl looks lovely in hers.

    ReplyDelete