About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Monday, November 2, 2009

What are Skapris?

I've made almost a dozen Twirl Skorts for my two youngest girls over the past couple years. They are great for warm weather, but what to wear when the weather turns cooler?

I fell in love with this pattern from YouCanMakeThis.com. They looked so perfect for my girls, especially Heidi. She's the one that will dress up in a princess costume then grab a light saber and attack one of her brothers.

Problem was, I just couldn't bring myself to pay for the pattern download. I knew how they were constructed; I was just too lazy to start from scratch....Until now! Using a pants pattern and her measurements, I stitched these together in an evening. Meghan and Brigitta have even put in orders. Now to find more sewing time!


2 comments:

  1. WOW! You made that without a pattern? Just made it up? Good Grief Charlie Brown, that's awesome! I barely know how to thread the bobbin (!!).

    Well done! And thanks for linking up to 'just for the JOY of it' -- I hope you'll come back next week.

    ReplyDelete