About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Recuperative Reading


Today a trip to my favorite dentist for a broken tooth became a trip to an oral surgeon for a tooth extraction. I decided that I'd rather become a professional cage fighter or give birth through my left nostril before I do THAT again!


While recuperating this evening, I have enjoyed some quiet reading time (a luxury that I don't usually allow myself). When I purchased these books, I didn't make a connection between them. Now I giggle when I think about it.


This is an amazing story of one family's journey though the adoptions of 18 children.
Refuge Ranch: A Story For His Glory


My children love watching our Duggar DVDs. It was one of the first times they had seen a family that looked something like ours (times 3, of course). This book really makes you realize that the Duggars are a very real family just trying to live for the glory of God! (And the recipes are wonderful!)
The Duggars: 20 and Counting!: Raising One of America's Largest Families--How they Do It

Both books made me excited for tomorrow when I could get up and love on my children!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to relax and read! I keep telling Matt to stop hurting my friends or they will stop coming around! :( Hoping you feel better soon. :) Grins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Sorry to hear about your day. I really liked the Duggar book too. I may have to borrow the other one. :) Call if you need anything today. I sent you an e-mail Sunday. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete