- Square pieces are easier to serve,
- Folks that like crust can get an edge, other get an inside piece.
- The crust doesn't get too brown.
- The crust doesn't have to be as pretty.
- Double the filling fits into about 1.5 single crusts.
- The crust can be patted into place rather than rolled out on another board that you then have to clean up.
- More pie for later!
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Here's another "think outside the pan idea" along the lines of how we make muffins. There are a couple pies we make every holiday season that are huge hits around here, namely pecan and coconut cream. Since one pie would be decimated in a blink, we've started making our pies in 9 X 13 baking pans. Here's why: