About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WFMW - Our Favorite Calendar

Last year I discovered the Sandra Boyton Mom's Family Calendar. My children have all grown up with her books and love seeing their old "friends" on the wall. And I'm not alone. It has a 5/5 star rating!

Why we love it:
"Running 17 months, from August 2009 through December 2010,
MOM'S has an oversize, vertical grid with five columns across the top (one for each family member) and the days of the month running down the left side. There's plenty of space for everyone's activities, and Mom and Dad can see who's doing what with just a glance,. Includes a drop-down storage pocket, 500 stickers, and write-on, wipe-off magnetic phone list for the fridge."

Since there are 10 in our family, we each share a column (and all but a couple days a year that works just fine!). I write on it with an extra-fine point Sharpie, putting the child's color-coded initial in front of the activity (look out, I'm color-coding again).

Don't have 5 in your family? Use the extra column(s) to record other events like extended family members' birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. I tried that one, but found that I like the Flylady giant wall calendar better--- more room for stickers/ color coding. ;) I'm glad you found one that works for you, though!

    I shared some tried & true gift ideas for loved ones in nursing homes for my WFMW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I'll have to check that one out! Thanks!
    Lainie

    ReplyDelete