About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our latest additions

We've known for weeks that one of our barn cats was "with kitten." While I've had cats for most of my life, we've never had the awesome experience of having kittens born. I was pretty nervous for the safety of the "teen mom" as well as for the kittens.

Last week a very pregnant Smudge followed Brigitta to the house after Bitta returned from checking for eggs. She called me to come take a look at the cat. I could tell that things would be happening soon. I'd never seen a cat with that look on her face, but I knew what it meant! So I called for a laundry basket and towels. I considered having someone boil water, but decided against it.


About 3 hours later, she delivered 4 beautiful babies. Even though Smudgie is not much more than a kitten herself, she's been a great mama. The kittens are getting very plump. We have 2 boys and 2 girls.


Today the children divided into teams to name them. So far we have Jedi, Persephone, and Saga. Ted and Heidi can't come to an agreement on the final boy's name. She wants Black Tiger, but Ted has vetoed that. The rest of us are pushing for Nikabrik. Hopefully the little guy will have a name soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment