About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - May 16, 2011

Whoops! I'm a day late with this one!

The children and I went to the zoo yesterday, and I was so wiped out I think I fell asleep at 9:30. Those of you that know my tendency to be up well past midnight should be sufficiently shocked! Since evenings are when I get things done, this blog didn't post itself while I was snoring like a big dog!

While Bryan and I were checking out during our big shopping trip, we had a couple curious onlookers. One little boy said that he'd never seen a receipt so big and then asked us how much money we had. Another little guy turned to his mother and asked, "Have you ever seen one lady buy so much food?" The mom was horrified and apologized. I laughed and said adults ask us similar questions all the time!

This was the "funny find" of this shopping trip. We thought it looked very multicultural!

On the menu this week:


Monday (Bry Night Meeting) - Calzones

Tuesday - Bean Burritos, Flour Tortillas, Salad

Wednesday (AWANA - last night!) - Mac 'n Cheese, Frozen Pizza

Thursday (Karate Tournament) - Sweet & Sour Sausage, Rice or noodles, Green Beans

Friday - Tacos, Skillet Corn

Saturday - Chinese Chicken Salad, Fresh Bread

Our menus for past years can be found at our website. Breakfast menu is here; lunch menu is here.


Find more menus at:

4 comments:

  1. Cameron would love that stuff! Was it at Wal-mart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. In the mustard section. We don't know if it is for Germans to put on Japanese food or for Japanese to put on German food?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have often wondered...what is "skillet corn"? My kids love corn and I would love to mix it up somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma always made skillet corn. Basically you melt a couple tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Dump in a pound of frozen corn (or drained canned corn). Saute until all the moisture is gone and it starts to brown. Sprinle liberally with salt. Yummy! Goes great with Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete