When the thermometer starts hitting 85 degrees consistently, it seems that it gets harder to convince the children to go outside to play. After dealing with cabin fever all winter, we want them out in God's creation all summer. Here are a couple ways to entice children outside:
- Fill a bucket (gallon ice cream tubs work great) with water and give them a cheap paint brush. Let them paint the house, porch, deck, etc.
- Put soapy water in those buckets and have them wash doll clothes or matchbox cars.
- Sidewalk chalk. Everywhere. Perhaps followed by the buckets of water?
- Fill a tub with cornmeal for a portable sandbox. Add scoops and they'll be busy for hours!
- Bubbles. In small containers so the gallon doesn't get dumped like ours did yesterday!
- Pull up a lawn chair and read a story to them on the porch or lawn.
- A picnic in the backyard can be as much fun as a trip to the park.
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!