About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Speechless

What's for Dinner: BBQ Kielbasa, Rice, Cornbread, Green Beans

On the Scrapbook Table: I wrapped up three spreads yesterday!

At the Sewing Machine: Repurposing a pair of jeans into a skirt for Emelie

Saturday we made one of our frequent shopping excursions to Wal-Mart. The primary purpose of this trip was for the children to purchase the gift for the sibling whose name they drew. After buying all the food items needed for this week, we were standing by the jewelry counter working out the logistics of who goes with whom to keep everything secret. An older lady came up to me and held out some money. She said that she and her husband had no little children to buy for, and she had been watching us go through the store. Since she came from a big family, she wanted to bless a large family and buy something for our children.

I said, "Oh, ma'am, I can't take this!"

"Oh, yes you can! I really want to do this," she replied.

I glanced at Bryan, who looked as stunned as I felt. As a loss, I said, "God Bless You."

She answered, "God Bless You, too," and walked away.

I turned around to Bryan and the children. Everyone's mouth was open and their eyes were big as saucers. Admittedly, I started looking everyone ever to make sure everyone was wearing shoes and had clean faces. I hoped we didn’t look like we needed the money! Isn’t pride lovely!

In the end, Bryan used the money to cover the little things the children pick for each other. And we made sure to put something in the bell-ringer’s bucket.

Merry Christmas!
Lainie

No comments:

Post a Comment