About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clutter Buster - Dresser Top


I can't stand clutter. Clean surfaces make my heart sing! Unfortunately life gets in the way of my quest for junk-free areas. And a little stuff breeds more stuff.

 
I'm determined to de-clutter the different areas of my home that tend to be the catch-all for whatever we don't want to put away. First on the attack list: the top of the dresser in my bedroom.

 
This is keeping it real, folks - Here is the untouched "before" shot.

Let's see what we have here:

  • unclaimed 4-H ribbons
  • Hunter's nebulizer (which the bucket contained three butter knives purchased in September to spread peanut butter during a road trip, two batteries, and three acorns)
  • a rock
  • hospital bracelets from Hunter's birth (he's 3!!)
  • a lonely puzzle piece
  • everything Bryan carries in his pockets daily
  • fabric from a skirt I completed weeks ago
  • misc. papers, books, and junk, junk, junk!! 
I keep this out for my children's amusement.
This is Bryan and I twenty-one years ago.
Recognize the frame, Megan?





And here's what it looks like at this very moment. Is that angels singing that I hear? The plate is for Bryan's keys and phone at the end of the day. That little basket for those mystery screws and buttons that need a home.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment