About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Meggie's Crazy Gypsy Skirt

I just finished the first project from my new favorite sewing book. (Actually, Meg finished it for me since she was anxious to get on with the wearing.)

We are truly in love with the finished product! It certainly took longer than most of the projects I take on. I can't even count the number of times I had to change thread colors! It wasn't difficult - just a lot of steps.

Yucky photo - sorry!
I'm also pleased that except for the rickrack and the heart ribbon, everything came from my stashes of supplies! I've got some knit that I'm thinking of using to make her a t-shirt to go with the skirt. Every time I look at the book I get so excited to start something new for my girlies!

Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits

1 comment:

  1. I just got my copy of the book. Natalie and Josie have drooled over it. Poor Josie will have to sew for sisters of up-size soemthings.

    Josie had seen it here and had no idea I had ordered it.

    We are still hoping to stop by for a visit at the end of December while we are at my dad's house

    ReplyDelete