About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WFMW - Basement Storage Overhaul

I call our basement "The Pit of Despair." Truth is, I avoid going down there because I can feel myself getting uptight when I look at the mess.

We are very blessed to have this large, unfinished space for the children to keep all their toys and play. We have swings and rings, and they can roller skate and scooter year-round. And while it's almost perpetually trashed, it's not the children's things that make me the most crazy.
This mop bucket is the #1 toy! It's been everything from a Roman
Chariot to a space ship. Put one on your Christmas list!
Since we haven't built our garage yet, the basement is our main storage area. The original idea was to use boxes and bins to keep the children out of the central area where the utilities are. Good concept, but after four years it's become quite a mess.





I'm tackling the beast using the wonderful storage-box plan in Emelie Barnes' book, Survival for Busy Women. I will post updates to keep me motivated and accountable. My goal is a relatively uncluttered space where it is easy to see what we have.

So far, two bags have gone to the trash, and three trash bags of items will be given away to the Crisis Pregnancy Center and Goodwill!

No comments:

Post a Comment