About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Project Complete - Sampler Afghan

Three weeks ago I started crocheting an afghan after being inspired bya free pattern from Knit and Crochet Today. Tuesday afternoon, I finished this fun project for the girls’ room. I haven’t done much else these last few weeks, but it was so much fun that I’ve already purchased the yarn to make another one!


After finishing the 12 blocks


The finished product!

5 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing ever!!! Love it and I need to learn to crochet badly now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! I don't crochet...but I knit. That's a great idea even for knitters - a sampler. I will put that on my list of things I'd like to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit,
    They have a knit sampler at the Knit and Crochet Today website. I'm not the best knitter, but I think I'll give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. this is so cool. i wish I knew how to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful!!! I love how it turned out! How do you find the time to do needlework?????

    My mom is a master at needlework! She used to knit us sweaters all the time when we were growing up, and always knits or crochets baby seaters, hats, booties, and blankets for any new babies. She crocheted me a Beautiful table cloth for my dining table and also 12 placemats out of ecru cotton thread. Oh yeah, and she has made dozens of the most equisite doilies. I just wish I inherited her talent!!!

    ReplyDelete