About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
Updates on our homeschooling family with ten children, a handful of chickens, a couple horses, three bunnies, and six cats. Visit our website at PeacefulHome.net

Friends

Blog Archive

Grocery Spending

Food Only

Oct 2010 - $231.39


Nov 2010 - $998.22


Dec 2010 - $340.29


Jan 2011 - $855.15


Feb 2011 - $203.17



Mar 2011 - $916.52



Monthly Average $590.79


Weekly Average $137.85
Our family's website, PeacefulHome.net, is in the process of changing hosting companies and is currently inactive. Our plan is to move this blog over once construction is complete. Please stay tuned for updates!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WFMW - A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family

Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family, AI needed something to put me over the top for Amazon free shipping (do you do that, too?), so I purchased A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family by Mary Ostin. I ended up being very please with my purchase.

The book is full of practical organizational tips that can be applied in a family of any size (Ohhhh, how I love tips!). What I enjoyed most were some of her "experienced mom" insights:
I'd love it if my insides matched my outsides all the time. I'd love it if I could actually feel serene all the time instead of just faking serenity. But despite what others assume about me, endless serenity is not my personal reality as a mother.
Maybe that;s the heart of patience: refusing to get sucked down into negativity and instead choosing kindness; not avoiding the negative emotions - wouldn't that take a lobotomy? - but resisting them, rising above them, and prevailing over them.
I'm planning to loan this one out to my friends and have them jot down their favorite pages inside the cover. Thought it would be fun to see what speaks to different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment